This recipe is not only used as an appetizing starter but can be used as a main course dish as well. It is excellent for serving at lunch or dinner. It is great for serving at parties or holiday meals. The coconut adds the perfect sweetness and just the right texture to ther shrimp. That is what makes coconut shrimp excellent for dipping. Coconut shrimp recipes may vary because the shrimp may be deep fried or baked or even grilled. I prefer deep frying. Kids will love the taste of these shrimp. Caution, because some people are allergic to seafood.
Many sauces go well with coconut shrimp for dipping. You may use the sauce that you prefer. Orange marmalade, mustard and horseradish makes an excellent tasting sauce that will compliment shrimp dipping. A sweet chili and mayonnaise sauce is another great sauce flor dipping coconut shrimp. For best flavor it is recommended to to eat coconut shrimp hot or warm. I hope that you will enjoy preparing and serving this excellent food for your next party. Your guests will be extremely pleased.
2 pounds of jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
3/4 cup of flour, all-purpose
1 tablespoon of garlic and herb seasoning
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1 cup of shredded coconut
Vegetable oil, for frying
1. Heat the oil in a deep fryer or a deep skillet.
2. Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic and herb seasoning until well combined.
3. Beat eggs well.
4. Coat the shrimp in flour well.
5. Dip the shrimp in the beaten eggs.
6. Pat coconut unto the shrimp until well coated.
7. Fry the shrimp for three minutes only turning once. Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice and enjoy!